Rehearsals & Concerts Cancelled Until Further Notice
After our discussion last night (3/11), we agreed as a group that we don’t want to take avoidable risks during this time. Since no one knows how severe and long the next phase of the virus spread will be, we will be reviewing our policy weekly and will send out updates.
So for now, until we have a better feel for when risk of transmission will be sufficiently reduced:
- Concerts will be postponed, we will not being choosing new dates yet
- Rehearsals are canceled until further notice
Ongoing Support Needed
Both Arturo and Andrew depend on FCO for part of their incomes. We would like to continue to pay them something during this involuntary break. If you would like to contribute to this cause there are two ways you can do so:
- Send a check to PO Box 1046, Niwot, CO 80644
- Use the Donate button on our website to use PayPal
Thanks everyone, take care and we’ll see you after this passes.
If you’d like to start looking at the music we had planned for future concerts — and still hope to perform when it becomes possible! — please find your parts for:
From our now postponed March concert, which may still be rescheduled:
Rehearsal Schedule (on hold)
7:00 to 9:15pm every Wednesday (exceptions for holidays, etc)
Harvest Baptist Church, 7493 Old Mill Trail, Boulder
- Print and bring their own music (links below)
- Bring their own stands
- (Full orchestra members) contribute $5-$10 per rehearsal, to the extent they feel they can (tax deductible)
- Show up in a timely manner, warmed up and ready to play at 7:00
- Provide section contact, mailing list coordinator, and roster-keeper with full name, email, and daytime phone number
- Coordinate with their section contacts regarding covering their parts during absences, and regarding last-minute communications (e.g. cancellations due to weather)
- Generally help set up and clean up rehearsal space
- Communicate to their section contact their commitment to performing (or not performing) a particular concert, within the first 3 weeks of a rehearsal cycle.
- Within understandable family and work constraints, avoid missing too many rehearsals.
- Members are also encouraged to participate in the King Soopers/Safeway card program to the benefit of FCO.
See the Players Handbook for complete orchestra policies.
Instructions for Printing Music from IMSLP
- Follow the link provided
- Scroll down to the heading “Sheet Music”
- Click the “Parts” tab under “Sheet Music” (or it may say something like “Arrangements and Transcriptions”)
- The first section might say something like “Flute 1 2” followed by “13 More”. Click on “More” and scroll down to your part
- This will take you to a page that asks to to acknowledge that the music is in the public domain. Click on “I accept this disclaimer, continue to download file” link
- This will take you to a countdown page where they ask you for money. Donate if you like, IMSLP has been great for us! Otherwise just wait a few seconds.
- Ignore the ad in a box at the top that says START DOWNLOAD
- Just under the ad, after the countdown, click on “Click here to continue your download.”
- Now you should be at a printable PDF. Yes this is a little involved but you’ll get used to it after a couple of times.