The FCO Executive Committee is very excited to announce that if all players are vaccinated, we can resume full orchestra rehearsals, with no masks and no social distancing required. It is not our intent to exclude anyone from playing in FCO, everyone has had a chance to be vaccinated by now, and requiring vaccinations will minimize the risk to everyone. We will ask you to sign a waiver stating you have been vaccinated, and you are choosing to play at your own risk. Having said that, we also realize the state guidelines could change at any moment and we must all remain hopeful but flexible for the foreseeable future.
For summer: various movements of requiems to honor those whose lives were lost at the Table Mesa King Soopers, as well as those who have lost their lives to COVID-19.
Mozart Requiem, Mvt. 1 “Kyrie” (at Allegro) and Mvt. 7 “Lacrimosa” – Second set of parts from Breitkopf publisher
Brass will play vocal parts on Brahms and Mozart
Elegy by William Limón – Strings and Horns, hard copy parts distributed in rehearsal
Recording below performed by The Longmont Symphony Orchestra
Elliot Moore, Conductor
For later: In October we plan to have an all Beethoven concert–at last being able to perform Beethoven’s 7th Symphony, Fidelio Overture, and feature Andrew as the soloist for Beethoven’s 2nd Romance in F Major.
7:00 pm to 9:15 pm every Wednesday (exceptions for holidays, etc)
Harvest Baptist Church, 7493 Old Mill Trail, Boulder
- Print and bring their own music (links below)
- Bring their own stands
- (Full orchestra members) contribute $5-$10 per rehearsal, to the extent they feel they can (tax deductible)
- Show up in a timely manner, warmed up and ready to play at 7:00
- Provide section contact, mailing list coordinator, and roster-keeper with full name, email, and daytime phone number
- Coordinate with their section contacts regarding covering their parts during absences, and regarding last-minute communications (e.g. cancellations due to weather)
- Generally help set up and clean up rehearsal space
- Communicate to their section contact their commitment to performing (or not performing) a particular concert, within the first 3 weeks of a rehearsal cycle.
- Within understandable family and work constraints, avoid missing too many rehearsals.
- Members are also encouraged to participate in the King Soopers/Safeway card program to the benefit of FCO.
See the Players Handbook for complete orchestra policies.
Instructions for Printing Music from IMSLP
- Follow the link provided
- Scroll down to the heading “Sheet Music”
- Click the “Parts” tab under “Sheet Music” (or it may say something like “Arrangements and Transcriptions”)
- The first section might say something like “Flute 1 2” followed by “13 More”. Click on “More” and scroll down to your part
- This will take you to a page that asks to to acknowledge that the music is in the public domain. Click on “I accept this disclaimer, continue to download file” link
- This will take you to a countdown page where they ask you for money. Donate if you like, IMSLP has been great for us! Otherwise just wait a few seconds.
- Ignore the ad in a box at the top that says START DOWNLOAD
- Just under the ad, after the countdown, click on “Click here to continue your download.”
- Now you should be at a printable PDF. Yes this is a little involved but you’ll get used to it after a couple of times.