7:00 pm to 9:15 pm every Wednesday (exceptions for holidays, etc)
Harvest Baptist Church, 7493 Old Mill Trail, Boulder
Strings only for the time being. We are working on finding a coach to rehearse the winds separately.
COVID vaccinations and masks required for all players.
- Print and bring their own music (links below)
- Bring their own stands
- (Full orchestra members) contribute $5-$10 per rehearsal, to the extent they feel they can (tax deductible)
- Show up in a timely manner, warmed up and ready to play at 7:00
- Provide section contact, mailing list coordinator, and roster-keeper with full name, email, and daytime phone number
- Coordinate with their section contacts regarding covering their parts during absences, and regarding last-minute communications (e.g. cancellations due to weather)
- Generally help set up and clean up rehearsal space
- Communicate to their section contact their commitment to performing (or not performing) a particular concert, within the first 3 weeks of a rehearsal cycle.
- Within understandable family and work constraints, avoid missing too many rehearsals.
- Members are also encouraged to participate in the King Soopers/Safeway card program to the benefit of FCO.
See the Players Handbook for complete orchestra policies.
Instructions for Printing Music from IMSLP
- Follow the link provided
- Scroll down to the heading “Sheet Music”
- Click the “Parts” tab under “Sheet Music” (or it may say something like “Arrangements and Transcriptions”)
- The first section might say something like “Flute 1 2” followed by “13 More”. Click on “More” and scroll down to your part
- This will take you to a page that asks to to acknowledge that the music is in the public domain. Click on “I accept this disclaimer, continue to download file” link
- This will take you to a countdown page where they ask you for money. Donate if you like, IMSLP has been great for us! Otherwise just wait a few seconds.
- Ignore the ad in a box at the top that says START DOWNLOAD
- Just under the ad, after the countdown, click on “Click here to continue your download.”
- Now you should be at a printable PDF. Yes this is a little involved but you’ll get used to it after a couple of times.